Checking in

Hello!  It's been such a long time since my last post.  I wanted to check in to let you all know that I'm doing great!  I still see my oncologist ever 3-6 months.  I've had many scans in the past two years, all of them are clear.  I'm feeling well.  My family is well.  I'm very grateful.  

My sister Mary and I will celebrate our 50th birthday on Monday, 1/13/14.  Um, wait.  WHAT?  50??  Hahaha.  It's all good.  It's just a number.  

My boys are doing well.  My youngest just turned 15 on the 7th.  And my oldest turns 18 on the 25th!  January is a busy month.  Lots of celebrating!

I'm still on Arimidex.  Dr. says I'll be on this for the rest of my life.  I don't notice any side effects.  It's keeping my hormones in check.  I take one tablet once a day.  I've never missed a dose.  

It's been 4.5 years since my diagnosis - ILC, Stage 3a.  I still have not had reconstruction.  I don't plan too, unless FDA approves a procedure that's less invasive.  My one option now is too painful and risky.  So, I'll continue to live my life with a flat chest.  Sometimes I wear my prosthesis, but for the most part, I go without.  The prosthesis are a bit heavy, which annoys me so much.  

Have a Happy and Healthy 2014.  

Sincerely,
Nancy

Comments

Phil said…
Hi Nancy. Glad to hear the good news. All the best to you and your family. <>< God bless!

Popular Posts